Woodwater Academy is seeking to appoint a permanent, part-time teacher from September 2021, initially to be based in lower key stage 2, working 0.66 FTE Mon-Weds with additional PPA time. Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of 15 Devon schools who actively work together on improving pupils’ outcomes collaboratively and actively supporting its staff.
We are a popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for our children. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, committed and creative teacher to join our strong and experienced teaching team.
Successful candidates will:
• Be able to create a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired.
• Be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, with a strong understanding of the curriculum.
• Stand out from the crowd because of their positive attitude and drive.
• Be an inclusive practitioner, with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and have a willingness to go the extra mile to make learning rigorous but fun.
• Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes for our children and demonstrate a willingness to join in with the life of the school and its community.
• Be a good communicator, build effective relationships with our children and their families;
• Have excellent classroom management skills.
• Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice.
In return, we can offer:
• A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage.
• Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning and who want to learn.
• A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills. This is a part-time, permanent position working 0.66 FTE, 39 weeks per year as of September 2021.
Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment. Applications from experienced and newly qualified candidates are welcomed. There will be an additional contract to include NQT development time if an appointment is made to an NQT. Woodwater Academy Headteacher – Mrs Rachel Olivant Contact Number – 01392 274147.
To apply for this role please submit an application online via the Ventrus Multi Academy Trust website at www.ventrus.org.uk.
Closing date for this position: 9:00am on Monday 24th May 2021. Interviews will be held on: Thursday 27th May 2021.
Job Description & Person Specification
Ventrus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure is required for this post. Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer.
Please be aware that in the event of snow or other severe weather conditions, the school will open – unless you hear by text from the school to say that we have closed due to health and safety reasons. The school will then send another text to confirm when we will re-open. We will also keep you updated in this section of the website and via the local radio stations.